Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Small Form Factor PC RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP EliteDesk 705 G5 SFF

serial No. [Personal Information Removed]. (Rare board I believe)

machine didn’t come with Bluetooth /wifi capabilities. There is no spot for a small m2 board. Question is this, if I purchase a pciex1 Bluetooth/wifi card is there a spot on the board to plug it in?  Thank you to all…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It appears they gave you the wrong cable.

My cables have 9 pins and would go in the connector in your second screenshot on the right group, only leaving the 2 pins on the left exposed.

I don't know what will happen if you plug the 8 hole cable you have on the right side of that connector leaving the 3 pins on the left exposed.

I guess you can try it and hope you get Bluetooth.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the motherboard viewer at the link below, there is a M.2 slot for a wifi adapter...item 23.

c06466792.pdf (hp.com)

If your PC does not have a SD card reader, you can plug the USB cable from the PCIe x1 wifi adapter to the connector labeled #4 (which is an internal 9-pin USB connector).

HP Recommended

[edit] the manual @Paul_Tikkanen is probably more accurate than the one below.  However, it is possible to split the USB connector if the SD reader only uses half of the connector

According to the technical manual, you have a pair of m.2 but both (#10 and #11) are identified as SSD M.2 which is unusual. 

BeemerBiker_0-1653572004333.png

I assume the manual is correct and the picture above matches your motherboard

Using a PCIe combo WiFi / Bluetooth adapter requires that a USB port be available to enable the Bluetooth.  I see only one internal USB port, it is # 16 the card reader.   If you system has a card reader you would have to disconnect the cable and plug the BlueTooth cable into it as illustrated on page 53

BeemerBiker_1-1653572234318.png

It is possible that the the card reader uses only 1/2 of the USB ports.  I have seen that on other system.  If only 1/2 of the USB port is used you might be able to plug both devices onto the same connector as the Bluetooth will only use half.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply but that particular board is not my motherboard. I do not have an M.2 slot. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you are referring to my reply then you can plug the USB cable for a PCie x1 wifi adapter in the connector where the SD card would go, as I had posted earlier.

HP Recommended

Because I do not have or use an SD  card reader, I can use that port?  They are not the same the same amount t of pins however n

HP Recommended

That is correct.

I have several HP PC's where I use PCie x1 wifi cards and use that 9-pin USB connector.

On some of the cards I have, one end of the cable is different that plugs into the wifi adapter and on others it is the same 9-pin connector cable on both ends.

If you look at this product, you can see the USB Bluetooth cable connector it comes with.

Fenvi FV-AXE3000 Wi-Fi 6E AX210 PCIe Network Card Bluetooth 5.2 Heat Sink AX 3000Mbps 802.11ax Tri-b...

HP Recommended

So here is a picture of the board and fitting. The usb fitting has an 8 pin connector with 4 wires. How exactly would this be fitted on and which direction?  And Thank you by the way. 

CE6A7B66-6E48-47E1-9438-BDDF2B637D14.jpeg

HP Recommended

D24E8C04-F966-4731-933F-279E284AE14B.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

It appears they gave you the wrong cable.

My cables have 9 pins and would go in the connector in your second screenshot on the right group, only leaving the 2 pins on the left exposed.

I don't know what will happen if you plug the 8 hole cable you have on the right side of that connector leaving the 3 pins on the left exposed.

I guess you can try it and hope you get Bluetooth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.