Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Wave Keyboard 859452-031
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased a refurbished HP Pavilion Wave Desktop with Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I am aware that the USB Receiver is integral within the unit itself. The mouse works absolutely fine but no matter what i try i am unable to get the keyboard to sync with the USB Receiver.

Now, i am unsure if the keyboard has any charge in it as, when initially turning it on it flashes approximately 10 times, then the light stay functional for around 5-10 seconds and then turns off. I have read conflicting user guides which state either "it is connected and therefore the light switches off" and also "the light switches off due to low battery". I have left on charge all night to the same results. Also when left on charge there is no indication on whether the keyboard is charging or not is this normal.

In summary i would like to know the following:

1. When charging the keyboard is there any indication or it either :
    1. Chargring
    2. Showing full when charged.
  2. How to sync the keyboard to the USB Receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I can't help you with question 1, but hopefully this will help with question 2:

Hold the keyboard very close to the PC.

Turn off the keyboard. Hold down the F2, F3 and f4 keys simultaneously and power on the keyboard.

There should be a blinking led on the keyboard somewhere.

When the led starts to flash at a different rate, let go of the keys and it should be paired. (less than 10 seconds)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.