Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Slimline M9Z78AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The update HP did on my computer - brand new HP with Windows 10 broke my wireless adapter. It intermittently disables it. Also makes internet slow at times before it all locks up (I am using the latest Chrome browser - same problem is in internet explorer and edge). A few minutes after it locks up, the wireless disconnects and will not reconnect without going to control panel and clicking the wireless adaper - disable - enable - repeatly until it goes back on.

THIS HAPPENS EVERY DAY!

I called with this and a support tech "fixed" it but it still does this. Clearly it was the update. The wireless worked perfectly BEFORE this update. HP PLEASE FIX THIS AND GIVE US A NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

If you are correct about the update affecting the Wi-Fi, and it was fixed and then re-occurred, are you aware of what was done to fix it?

I am thinking that perhaps a rollback (earlier Restore Point) and temporarily turn off automatic updates and deny HP doing updates either.

Device Manager Remove Hardware.png

If you right click on the adapter in device manager and select properties you may be able to rollback the driver there.

Driver rollback.PNG

You could try some command line tools to possibly help, in Command Prompt as an adminstrator type these commands

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

nbtstat -RR

netsh wlan show interfaces

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

netsh winsock reset catalog

and then you may have cleared out the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

If you are correct about the update affecting the Wi-Fi, and it was fixed and then re-occurred, are you aware of what was done to fix it?

I am thinking that perhaps a rollback (earlier Restore Point) and temporarily turn off automatic updates and deny HP doing updates either.

Device Manager Remove Hardware.png

If you right click on the adapter in device manager and select properties you may be able to rollback the driver there.

Driver rollback.PNG

You could try some command line tools to possibly help, in Command Prompt as an adminstrator type these commands

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

nbtstat -RR

netsh wlan show interfaces

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

netsh winsock reset catalog

and then you may have cleared out the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your response! I actually did exactly that (update driver) after I posted this. It has been a few days and I think it resolved the problem. That was the easiest solution, so hopefully it will continue work. I also changed the HP update to ask before updating. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.