cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raggaj
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Realtek RTL8xxx Series Wireless Lan Drivers V 2024.0.10.217 update. Do not do it!!

HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DO NOT allow this driver update to be installed!  Mine installed automatically over night. It knocked my PC, router and modem offline!  I spent 5 hours troubleshooting thinking it was my cable modem, then my router, only to run an HP diagnostic to find my "IP was not binding" or something like that

Then I noticed the networking driver was updated over night automatically by HP.

I restored my PC to the system files  prior to the "update" using Microsoft restore (built in to OS) and viola, back online. 

I had even gone out and purchased a new  modem despite Comcast telling me they could see no issue w/ the modem on their end. 

Anyway, hopefully this helps someone.   

I have since turned off automatic updates!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation