Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this desktop computer around 6 months ago. Since day one I was having issues with the network, where it would have a perfectly fine connection, (50ms) and then a sudden 2000ms spikes every 15 seconds or so. This is fine in everyday use, but in games this is detrimental. I have seen this issue previously posted, but mainly in relation to notebooks and with old fixes that don't seem to work anymore. I would really appreciate if someone could help diagnose this extremely annoying issue, Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@PeteMcH Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Realtek rtl8822be 802.11ac pcie adapter causing significant network issues.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Let's run the Wireless Module test in order to isolate failure:

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.
  4. The Component Tests menu displays.
  5. Wireless Module Test - This test checks that the BIOS detects the wireless module and that it is enabled.
    To run the test, click the Wireless Module, and then click Run once.
  6. The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.

Please let us know the test result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I went into BIOS and ran the test, but no issues were detected at all. I have also used windows network diagnosis and they don't pick up on this ping spike problem, thanks for the idea though!

HP Recommended

@PeteMcH

Thank you for the update.

Please uninstall the wireless drives and reinstall the wireless drivers.

Please click the below link to download the wireless drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100552.exe

Also, please update the BIOS.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Done this before but did it again, same issue persists, thanks though.

HP Recommended

@PeteMcH

I understand your concerns.

In that case, try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Nothing changes, as this problem has been consistent since the first usage of the computer

HP Recommended

@PeteMcH

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.