Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two questions.

1. How can I use sim card on my device & Which features will I be able to use?

2. How can I know that my device is NFC supported or not? If my device doesn't have NFC support, Can I insert an NFC module?🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DebSantu 

A1. SIM card alone is useless, it need WWAN card to work . Please check Device Manager to see does it have one of the following entries:

•         HP lt4120 LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ SnapdragonT X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module
  •         HP hs31110 HSPA + Intel Mobile Broadband Module

If Yes, please ask your phone provider to see does it support your hardware.

A2. NFC: It is an option. Based on the following manual/guide, please also check adapter to see does it have the following entry

Integrated NFC Galapagos NXP NPC100 12C NCI 10 mm x 25 mm module

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04887250.pdf

Regards, 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DebSantu 

A1. SIM card alone is useless, it need WWAN card to work . Please check Device Manager to see does it have one of the following entries:

•         HP lt4120 LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ SnapdragonT X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module
  •         HP hs31110 HSPA + Intel Mobile Broadband Module

If Yes, please ask your phone provider to see does it support your hardware.

A2. NFC: It is an option. Based on the following manual/guide, please also check adapter to see does it have the following entry

Integrated NFC Galapagos NXP NPC100 12C NCI 10 mm x 25 mm module

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04887250.pdf

Regards, 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.