Mypinkpanther
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Says connect, yet still can't get on line

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline s5510fPC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
My wife has a HP Pavilion Slimline and a HP laptop can't get either one to connect to the internet. I've tried both wired n wireless. Plz her really need one of them working for school.
3 REPLIES 3
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,611 10,607 990 2,988
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP products running Windows 7 are stable in the normal environment.  Since there is access to wired and wireless connections, I assume this is at home. 

1) Are there any other devices in this area and if yes - do they connect OK?

2) has the laptop been able to connect at another location?

I would recommend resetting the modem and router, if at the home location.  Verify the internet provider is actually delivering internet to the location.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Mypinkpanther
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Other devices yes, they connect just fine. Laptop no. I've reset both n my provider is delivering service.
0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,611 10,607 990 2,988
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The next step would be to try the "Network troubleshooter" that is part of Windows.  Position the mouse indicator over the Internet Icon ( down next to the clock, lower right ) and then right click.  Pick "Troubleshoot problems".  If that does not find and fix the problem but it gives advice, follow the advice.  It is says all is well, next look in Device Manager for any indications of problems.  They will be identified by some kind on markings, different from the rest of the hardware.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation