Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Slimline s5380d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The original WiFi pcie half-length mini card that came with the board has gone undetected. Is there a WiFi Bluetooth combo that I can  upgrade it to? Seems a lot of the cards sold are not all compatible.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can only upgrade the internal wifi card if your PC has two antenna cables connected to the card in there now.

If not, your only option would be to install an USB dual band wifi adapter that has support for W10.

If your PC's wifi card has two antenna cables connected to it, you can probably upgrade to this dual band wifi card with bluetooth. 

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

You should be able to find this card in used but tested and working condition on eBay at a fairly low price.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Paul, 

Thank you for your answer. Yes it has 2 antennas coming out of the card. I will give your suggestion a go and update. Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That card should work fine for you then.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul,

I found, bought, and installed the exact part. The WiFi is working but can't seem to detect Bluetooth. I updated driver and tried enabling Bluetooth collaboration from the device properties but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks again 😊

HP Recommended

Hi:

Glad to know the wifi is working but unfortunately, I have no idea why the Bluetooth isn't.

There should be a Bluetooth device manager category showing up in the device manager.

If there isn't, then there must be an incompatibility issue with the motherboard and the bluetooth, or the bluetooth portion of the wifi card is bad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.