Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion TG01-1417no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a strange problem with slow internet speed (download) and high ping on a very fast 1 Gbit fiber connection. The problem is both with LAN and WiFi. I only get see around 60 mbit/s (download but 400 mbit upload) and 30 ms ping. Alle other pc's in our home gets around 400 mbit and low ping 5-7 WiFi and +500 mbit on LAN. The connection is 1Gbit/1Gbit fiber and works flowless.

I have tried to reinstall the Realtek network adaptor driver, paused Virus defender closed all other processes and a number of other small tips. Nothing works. The PC is only 3 months old and runs smooth. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

All other pc's in our home gets around 400 mbit 

Given that you have 1000 Mbps service, you should be getting much more than 400 Mbps (with a "Wireless N" adapter) and more than 500 Mbps (over Ethernet) on any one PC, when all the other PCs are NOT using the Internet.

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable between your computer and your cable/DSL modem?

You need a "Wireless AC" or "Wireless AX" network adapter to get more than 400 Mbps via WiFi.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

I do use Cat 6 and 5e cables (lack of full speed is due to missing RJ45 connector in my laptops - I'm using a USB converter) However, I managed to solve the problem . There were to factors: HP Omen Game Center software with a "network booster" that did the exact opposite. I switched it off. And secondly, I changed the power settings in WIN 10 to maxium power. Now I have 1 Gbit spped and a ping of 1 ms.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The issue of high ping in online games may also occur even when you have good internet speed. IndigoCard There are several factors that affect the internet ping speed. It could be your internet connection, your PC, the game settings, or some other factors that could be leading to a high ping speed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.