Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ePrint
iOS

When I tap the HP ePrint icon a window comes up that says “The HP ePrint app for IOS has been discontinued”. I can’t get back to Photos or make that window go away. It has a button to “Download HP Printer App” but I’ve done that.

i’m stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Boonefork – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are getting HP ePrint app message on your iOS device. The app has been discontinued and I'd suggest you first remove the app from your iOS device. Restart the device once done. If you are unable to remove, restart the phone and then try to remove the app from your device.

Instead of using the HP ePrint app, let's try installing the HP Smart app to print from your iOS device. Go to Apple Store and install the HP Smart app on your iOS device.

I found a wonderful document which will give you instructions on how to use this app. Please go through the steps here: http://hp.care/2sl1E5V 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @Boonefork – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are getting HP ePrint app message on your iOS device. The app has been discontinued and I'd suggest you first remove the app from your iOS device. Restart the device once done. If you are unable to remove, restart the phone and then try to remove the app from your device.

Instead of using the HP ePrint app, let's try installing the HP Smart app to print from your iOS device. Go to Apple Store and install the HP Smart app on your iOS device.

I found a wonderful document which will give you instructions on how to use this app. Please go through the steps here: http://hp.care/2sl1E5V 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I’ll follow your recommendations shortly and get back to you if doing that doesn’t bring about resolution I’ll be back.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Boonefork

Thanks for the update 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Where in the Smart App can I configure that I can print PDFs from the iOS standard viewer?

I get many pdf on my phone via mail, that I want to print when I'm away from home.

Please add this feature back to the app, this was available in ePrint already!

HP Recommended

As Markus604 asks, I would also like to know how to print via ePrint when I am away from home, now that the ePrint app does not function on iOS anymore!

I know that it is possible to e-mail documents to the e-mail address associated with the HP ePrint account, which will just print the whole document, but this a cumbersome, inelegant solution.

It is not possible to choose options like double-sided printing, particular page ranges etc. This was possible in the ePrint app for iOS!

Why on earth was this perfectly working app removed from iOS?!

HP Recommended

Sending it to the e-print email adress is not OK. When I receive PDFs by mail, I don't want to print all the rubbish in the email. I want to print just the attachment, and this worked perfectly with the integration of ePrint in the iOS PDF reader.

Please add back the Print-handle...this was in the "arrow-up" menu of PDF and virtually any document viewer in iOS...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.