Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Product No. J4W45AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So here's all the specs to my PC (shown below). I've had it for maybe 2 years now and I've always had this issue where I would boot it up and occasionally it would never be able to connect to my WiFi network. It uses a wireless connection feature to connect to my router down the hall. Whenever this issue occurs where I can't connect to my network, I've tried restarting the PC, shutting down, disconnecting/reconnecting to the network, disabling/enabling WiFi on my PC, etc. The only solution seems to be to reset the router everytime this error happens, but it'd tedious and not a true fix.

Also, when this issue occurs, there's always a yellow caution triangle next to the WiFi symbol in the bottom right corner (I'm sure you all know what it looks like). This image doesn't have the error triangle, but I can screenshot it next time I encounter this issue if you guys need it.

wrgwerrgwe.jpg

So I'm trying to see if by using this USB WiFi Adapter here, do you guys think it would solve my problem? If not, what will?

Let me know if you need anymore info/specs, this is my first time posting on here so I'm new to this stuff.

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I feel your pain.  I have two PC's that were upgraded to Windows 10, that are using Realtek devices for LAN.  Both have similar symptoms as yours and I solved the problem by using the Netgear WiFi adapter.  I got the A6100 because it was handy at a local retailer but the one you posted should also do the trick.  For some reason the Realtek devices and their drivers do not like the new version of Windows 10.  Mine worked fine for over a year and then all of a sudden started with the disconnecting.  Working fine now with the Netgear device.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I feel your pain.  I have two PC's that were upgraded to Windows 10, that are using Realtek devices for LAN.  Both have similar symptoms as yours and I solved the problem by using the Netgear WiFi adapter.  I got the A6100 because it was handy at a local retailer but the one you posted should also do the trick.  For some reason the Realtek devices and their drivers do not like the new version of Windows 10.  Mine worked fine for over a year and then all of a sudden started with the disconnecting.  Working fine now with the Netgear device.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.