Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 20

I have an old HP Pavilion 20 AIO desktop and I'm trying to increase the internet speeds. I have 500/500 FiOS internet at home but was only getting 15 - 20 down and 10 - 15M up. So I purchased an EDUP EP-DB1607 USB Wifi Adaptor which is supposed to be able to handle up to 600M down. I went through all the proper installation procedures and even disabled WiFi 1 (which was using the onboard adaptor) and enabled WiFi 2 which is using the USB adaptor, but still getting the same slow speeds. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jhaiken90 

I think your EDUP EP-DB1607 USB Wifi Adaptor is not functioning well. For testing, I'm using 2 adapters on one of my 11 years old machine and BOTH of them are connected but machine is smart enough to use the 5GHz network all the time

both bands.png

My adapter is. I bought it early 2020, much cheaper, same store:

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I think the adaptor is working fine. When I open up the REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Application that came when I downloaded the drivers from EDUP, it's showing 433MBPS, but when I run a speed test on Google Chrome still only getting 17ish down, 8 - 12 up. I'd expect to at least be pushing 150.

HP Recommended

@jhaiken90 wrote:

I think the adaptor is working fine. When I open up the REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Application that came when I downloaded the drivers from EDUP, it's showing 433MBPS, but when I run a speed test on Google Chrome still only getting 17ish down, 8 - 12 up. I'd expect to at least be pushing 150.

@jhaiken90 

It does mot make any sense. Throw it to  a bin and try a different one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.