Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen X PC900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,
please help, I have an omen X - 900
The wifi is very slow.
I have an 80Mbit line.
My WiFi creates 10 Mbit.

Have a laptop from another company next to the PC .. same WiFi .. 70-75 Mbit.

Where can the problem be?

Please help and thank you
Thomas

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Are you getting a good signal? The same signal strength as the laptop?

Have the antenna's been knocked off the wifi card?
You have an Intel Wifi card in this PC, so I would suggest looking in device manager for the exact Intel model, and downloading / installing the latest drivers from the Intel website.

HP Recommended
the pc has no antenna!?!

same wifi signal as laptop

completely latest driver installed

nothing brings anything
HP Recommended

The antenna's are internal and connected to the M.2 wifi card.

Since you're getting the SAME signal strength as the laptop, then I will assume that antennas are attached and working.

Have you gotten a new wifi router recently? What is the brand and model of the wifi card? (look in device manager)

HP Recommended

Have you tried anything? We should look at the usual tasks with the affected and the healthy computer.

Games usually create a lot of temporary files. I would first delete all of them using WINDOWS+R, typing "TEMP", press ENTER. Clear all the content with SHIFT+DELETE to avoid them from going to recycle bin. Skip all that can't be flushed. Repeat with %TEMP%

Then, restore Internet options. Select maximum performance energy plan. Delete all the background apps and not necessary services.

That should be enough in most of the cases. 

HP Recommended

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265

Yes, Fritz Box 7582

HP Recommended
The HP runs on
Peak performance.

All temp files are deleted and I have also reset the network options, nothing worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.