Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 64-bit OS x64 based processor6.0GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Windows 10 Home Edition, 2020 Microsoft Corporation

System: Processor Intel(r) Core(tm) i3-3110M CPU @2.40GHZ ; RAM 64-bit os, x64-based processor

no Pen/Touch input available for this display

Computer Name:  Terris; Full Computer Name: Terris; WORKGROUP

Product ID: 00326-10000-0000-AA931; Realtex Wi-fi Adapter 9a:b6:53:9e:91:41

Message the Wi-fi Adapter has "weak security WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure. If this is your Wi-Fi Network, configure the router to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 security type.

Problem:

We've had problems with the wi-fi "locking up or buffering" while streaming movies with high HD res. 

It's worse when this "weak security" message appears on our other devices.  

How do I reconfigure the router's security to the aforementioned types.  

Please help this old lady!  I'm afraid technology has finally passed my capabilities.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello. That would depend on your modem /router make and model rather than Windows or Hp.  If you have buffering issues it's usually a weak signal or low bandwidth.  The security warning won't affect speeds or bandwidth.  Try using the device close to the wifi point and see if that makes a difference.  If you still have issues you may need a router upgrade. Many internet providers offer a cheap upgrade option. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello. That would depend on your modem /router make and model rather than Windows or Hp.  If you have buffering issues it's usually a weak signal or low bandwidth.  The security warning won't affect speeds or bandwidth.  Try using the device close to the wifi point and see if that makes a difference.  If you still have issues you may need a router upgrade. Many internet providers offer a cheap upgrade option. 

HP Recommended

Thank you. After I posted my question, I checked my computer, the security is the recommended WPA2. It’s my & my husband’s brand new pads that have this warning. After receiving your comment, and speaking with our son (CS degree, R&D for Medical Language) who told me what you just said. I’m not going to worry.  Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.