Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6150
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've got several HP desktops on which I've enabled Wake On Lan in the BIOS, but on my Pavilion p6150 I haven't got this option within the BIOS Power section. I don't know why. This desktop isn't new, but not that old. The network card supports WOL, so that isn't the issue. First, does anyone know why it isn't in the BIOS options? And second, (how) can I use WOL without this option in the BIOS? Thank you very much! Rwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry but i don't think that it is possible without the option being available and enabled in the BIOS.  Not all computers even some today have the feature and it is mostly used in businesses where they have to power on a large number of computers at once.  

Please remember to select the answer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry but i don't think that it is possible without the option being available and enabled in the BIOS.  Not all computers even some today have the feature and it is mostly used in businesses where they have to power on a large number of computers at once.  

HP Recommended

That's a pity. I hoped it would be posssible somehow. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

As far as i am aware it cant be done without the option in the BIOS.  I dont know any way to bypass it but as far i know it has to be an option in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Thank you Dudefoxlive, my only solution now is not to power off my desktop and in the BIOS turn on the After AC Power Failure to "auto". It's the second best solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.