Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0057c Desktop PC PN 3LA35AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm trying to move away from the installed stock Realtek RTL 8821CE PCie (1X1= 1 antenna) WLAN M.2 card in my HP Pavilion 590-p0057c Desktop. I verified tonight my system does in fact have only 1 antenna. I would like to upgrade to the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 M.2 (2X2= 2 antennas), or something comparable.

Currently my max connection speeds are 135-200 Mbps. I am on a 400 Mbps broadband plan with Comcast. I have their X1 platform Gateway. I'm only 25' from the Gateway.

My work laptop (sits right next to the Pavilion) is a Dell Latitude 5511 and has a Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 Mhz WLAN card. When I speed test the Dell, it constantly reports a connection speed of 365-385 Mbps.

Can someone help me validate that this Pavilion can/will work with a 2 antenna WLAN M.2 Wi-Fi card such as the AC 9260? Is there any issue with the card pinouts being different? They both look like they are keyed the same.

Thank you,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Michael:

The wifi should work, but the Bluetooth won't without the second antenna, if you connect the single antenna to the card's Main antenna terminal.

You must buy the non-vPro version of the wifi adapter since you do not have a PC with Intel vPro technology.

You could even use the AX 200 non-vPro if you want...again, the Bluetooth won't work without the second antenna wire.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for your information. I have ordered an AC 9260NGW (non-vPro) this evening. After reading your thoughts....my only concern left is on the 9260, there is one extra gold contact by the "E" slot that the Realtek card did not have. I'm hoping the Lincs MB is smart enough to figure out what that contacts purpose is!

If you know anything about that, please share.

Thank you again sir!

Michael

Lacamida_0-1613373113859.jpegLacamida_1-1613373154341.jpeg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Michael.

As I wrote yesterday, you connect the single antenna to the 9260 wifi card's #2 (Main) terminal to get wifi.

The Bluetooth reception is provided by the Aux terminal, which you don't have an antenna wire to connect to.

So, the Bluetooth will show up in the device manager, but the reception will be most likely be too week to pair with any devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.