Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 22-a113w (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Constantly having connectivity issues with this all-in-one PC. every other device works fine on my network such as laptops phones printers but this PC has major issues and I honestly think its the network card/adapter wireless card whatever it maybe referenced to.  It will disconnect from my network but still say i am connected to wifi and even the same issue while hardwired. I have no clue what is going on but I would definatly like to get a wifi card that is dual band so i can connect to the 5ghz as i have done this with my laptop which is an HP aswell and have ZERO problems with it. If anyone can recommened a good card or even maybe help resolve this mysterious issue that would be FANTASTIC! 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to upgrade the internal wifi adapter to dual band, you would first have to see if there are two antenna cables connected to the 2.4 Ghz wifi card in there now.

All dual band wifi cards require two antenna cables except one model.

So, if you can open up the PC and let me know that info, I can give you some options.

IMO, the easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external dual band wireless AC adapter.

The parts list for your PC indicates that it comes with a Realtek 8723BE wifi card.

You can try the latest driver for that card and see if it helps...

This package contains the DCHU driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE and RTL8822BE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook and desktop models running a supported operating system (Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows10 Cloud OS).

2023.66.330.2018 Rev.A    Jun 26, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88501-89000/sp88574.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, and thanks for the quick responce.! I was able to open the computer before I had to motor off to work and there is only one antenna on the network card. I also took your suggestion and updated the driver before taking the PC apart and I still had the same issue. If you could give me some options at to what the best card would be for this particular PC that would be phenomenal 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I was afraid of that (only 1 antenna cable).

In that event, I'll leave it up to you as to what you want to do.

The only dual band wifi card that will work with only one antenna cable is this one...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)  HP Part # L17365-005 .

That model wifi card works with one antenna, and it has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi AC band.

The only place I have been able to find one of the above wifi cards for sale is on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005+&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Your other option would be to purchase an external USB AC wifi adapter, where you will have a much greater range of options to choose from.

HP Recommended

I'm definatetly considering the USB adapter. What would you recommend on a good USB adaptor?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.