Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All in One 24-R-025-M

I just need to know how to unlock the keypad on my wireless keyboard that came with my all in one hp computer.  I do not know the model# of the keyboard...  I do not see it anywhere on the back!  It was a package deal through HP...  

There is no numlock key that I see?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bandit7

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the number pad on the right side of the wireless keyboard,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check on the upper-right part of the keyboard to enable the number lock?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Some HP Envy notebook computers come with integrated numeric keypads. However, the numeric keypad used in these computers differs from the standard numeric keypad in that it does not have a dedicated number lock key (Num Lock) with which to toggle between numeric input and other functions. By default, the numeric keypad is always On, allowing for number input only. In some situations, the numeric keypad is inadvertently turned Off. If the numeric keypad gets turned off, you can use the Windows On-Screen Keyboard to turn it back on.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not have a laptop.  I have a desktop with a wireless keyboard...  The number pad worked when the computer was purchased last month and has since stopped.  I'm thinking a key was pressed by accident, but do not know what key to press to unlock it?  There is no num lock key that I can see?

HP Recommended

@Bandit7

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The article shared is the same for both, laptop and desktops,

if it didn't help you identify the number lock key on the right part of the wireless keyboard,

I recommend using the below steps to enable Number Lock with the On-Screen Keyboard:

1. Click Start, type on-screen in the search field, then select On-Screen Keyboard from the search results list.

2. When the On-Screen Keyboard displays, click Options.

Figure : On-screen keyboard

On-screen keyboard with Options selected
  3. In the Options window, select Turn on numeric keypad , then click the OK button to save the change.

Figure : Options

Options with Turn on numeric key pad selected
  4. The On-Screen Keyboard now displays a numeric keypad. Click NumLock to enable the numeric keypad on your HP Envy series notebook.

Figure : On-screen keyboard

On-screen keyboard with NumLock selected
  5. Close the On-Screen Keyboard.

This permanently enables the Num Lock feature on your HP Envy computer. If you want to turn it off, open the On-Screen Keyboard and select the NumLock button again.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.