Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pro 3520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.
I've been struggling for a while to connect my hp pro 3520 to my home wifi networks. I tried any tricks I could find on forums. I tried disabling and suppressing the device in the device manager, reinstalling pilots... I think it just doesn't work properly anymore.
My wifi card is a "Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn"
I couldn't find a driver mor recent than 2014 for this device. That being said, I don't have much experience in driver search and installation. Neither windows update nor driverscloud could help me with this issue
I am thinking of replacing it with a new one, how should I go about it ?

Or maybe someone would know of a way to get it to work?
Currently, windows is showing me the wifi networks available, I can try and connect to one, giving the correct password, but it always end up with "We couldn't connect to this network". Even when i try to connect to an unprotected smartphone wifi network.
I would be content with the download speed of my smartphone connected via USB, but I would like to get the wifi back to at least be able to use the Barrier software.

Thanks a lot for your upcoming help ! 🙂

About my PC :

model : HP3520 aio

running : Windows 10 family edition - 19042.1288

processor : Intel core i3-3240

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a newer wifi driver you can try, but that model wifi adapter usually completely disappears from the device manager on the newer builds of W10.

5.0.57.0   Jun 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

As far as a replacement, how many wifi antenna wires are connected to the Ralink wifi card currently installed?  One or two?

Below is the link to the service manual...

c03577915.pdf (hp.com)

It may be a lot easier to just buy a USB dual band wifi adapter rather than replace the internal wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help !
Sadly, after installing this new driver, the problem remains.
I guess I am going to order a wifi dongle

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.