Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Once again, @Paul_Tikkanen comes to the rescue!

Thank you for your post. I'll dust off that cable and put it to good use.

As promised, I will mark the ‎08-04-2017 post as the solution. But really, it's the 08-04-2017 post along with your ‎08-13-2019 post together that are the complete solution. Hopefully others seeking help will read the entire thread.

One point of clarification: The N4G85AA I procured came directly from HP. It arrived sealed in the box and sealed in the anti-static bag. It was indeed new... but there wasn't ANYTHING else in the box.

Again, thank you!!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Mine was also sealed, and had useless paperwork with it, as well as a W7/W8.1 driver disk, and the mystery cable in one package, and the wifi adapter in another anti-static bag.

As no doubt you were doing, I was searching the internet for a user manual or something, and came across this old discussion.

So once I figured out what the cable was for, I thought I would let you know in hopes that you still needed to know.

And yes, hopefully this completed discussion will help others with the same questions.

As a side note, mine has a 'Do not remove' sticker over the antennas and the screw that holds the wifi card to the PCIe x1 adapter.

I'm thinking the wifi card can easily be removed, and upgraded to a newer Intel card such as the 9260.

I may do that one day.

For now the 7265 is fine because I only am paying for a 200 MBPS internet service, and the 7265 has a maximum throughput of 867 MBPS.

HP Recommended
That's good karma for you my friend! Very interesting how your expert advice came full circle. Keep up the great work.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.