Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-g020na

I have an HP All-in-One PC Model No. 24-g020na for which the wireless keyboard is no longer responding. I have tried new batteries, removing and putting back in the USB receiver, putting the USB receiver into a different port, and a different receiver. I have also tried a different wireless keyboard.

The issue first occurred about 3 weeks ago but appeared to resolve itself after a day or so. I then went on holiday and on my return the PC was still OK, however, the next day the issue recurred. Currently, after switching the PC on, a blue screen is displayed with the HP logo then the screen requesting my PIN appears for a split second before the screen displaying a bird displays. I am able to click on this screen with my mouse and the screen requesting my PIN reappears but, because the keyboard is not responding, I cannot enter my PIN and after about 30 seconds the screen displaying a bird reappears. Can you please help? Regards, David

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Neshabur,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried a number of troubleshooting steps for your HP All-in-One PC's wireless keyboard issue. Given the symptoms and the steps you've taken, here are some additional things you can try.

Check for Interference:

• Ensure there are no devices near the USB receiver that might be causing interference, such as other wireless devices, routers, or large metal objects.

Use a Wired Keyboard:

• Try using a wired USB keyboard to enter your PIN and log into your PC. This will help determine if the issue is specifically with wireless connectivity.

Safe Mode:

• Boot your PC into Safe Mode. This can help determine if the issue is software-related.
    1. Turn off your PC.
    2. Turn it back on and repeatedly press the Esc key until the Startup Menu appears.
    3. Press F11 to access System Recovery.
    4. Choose Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, and then Startup Settings.
    5. Click Restart, and when your PC restarts, press 4 or F4 to start in Safe Mode.
    6. Check if the keyboard works in Safe Mode.

Update Drivers:

• If you can log in using a wired keyboard, go to Device Manager and check for any updates for your keyboard drivers.
    1. Press Win + X and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Keyboards section.
    3. Right-click your wireless keyboard and select Update driver.

Windows Updates:

• Ensure your Windows is up-to-date. Sometimes updates can fix bugs that cause hardware issues.
    1. Press Win + I to open Settings.
    2. Go to Update & Security and check for updates.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Check for Malware:

• Run a full system scan to check for any malware that might be affecting system performance and hardware functionality.

HP Support Assistant:

• Use the HP Support Assistant tool to diagnose and fix any hardware issues. You can download it from the HP website if it's not already installed.

Reset BIOS:

• Resetting BIOS to default settings can sometimes resolve hardware recognition issues.
    1. Turn off the PC.
    2. Turn it back on and press F10 repeatedly to enter BIOS setup.
    3. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the Exit tab.
    4. Select Load Setup Defaults and press Enter.
    5. Save changes and exit.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, there may be a deeper hardware problem with the USB ports or the wireless receiver inside the PC.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Alden and many thanks for your response to my question. I tried several of your suggestions but without success, however, after having issues with my wireless mouse yesterday, I changed the mouse to another wireless mouse and, after a reboot of my PC, the wireless keyboard was surprisingly responding. Still OK today so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the issue has somehow resolved itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.