Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b011
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • HP Envy AIO PC 27-b0XX
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
  • Windows Version - 21H2
    • OS Build - 19044.1766
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    • Driver Version – 19.51.40.1

When I boot the system, both the Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapters show as available.  I then select the Wi-Fi connection and it fires up with no issues.  The MS Device Manager reports the “Device is working properly”.  Here is the failure scenario:

• Start Wi-Fi at 8:22am. 
  • 8:28am the Wi-Fi adapter stopped and was no longer available.
    • MS Device Manager reported that “Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.”
  • 8:29am it comes back and the network connection is automatically reconnected. 
  • 8:31 is disappears.
  • 8:32am it’s back. 
  • 8:33 is disappears.
  • 8:34am it’s back. 
  • 8:35 is disappears.
  • This time it doesn’t come back. 
    • MS Device Manager now reports that “This device cannot start. (Code 10).  {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.”

I did a system RESTART and the Wi-Fi adapter still did not appear – only the Ethernet adapter. 

Next I did a system SHUTDOWN and then rebooted and the Wi-Fi adapter was there and the above failure scenario repeated itself.

Any assistance with this is very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.