3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Wi-Fi problems after Windows 10 Creator Update

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-538d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

The system did an auto update a few days ago to Windows 10 Creator. Don't know why the roll-out to Asia is later than Europe. Anyway, after the update and re-boot, I immediately had problems with the Wi-Fi.

Checked on HP list of approved machines for W10 Creator update, my model is not there even though it was bought after August 2013. So, no help there.

Went looking for the driver for the Wi-Fi - Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter - found  driver for version 2023.16.715.2015. Downgraded the one that W10 Creator had upgraded ( which is 2023.54.331.2017).

That didn't help either. Wi-Fi keeps dropping and having to re-enter the password again. Did all the 5,7,10 steps tutorials that I found on forums. Still no joy.

So, HP Customer Service, any help at all would be fantastic.

Thanks

En

4 REPLIES 4
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @En4

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with wireless connection dropping after a while. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Recommend you run a test on the Wireless card to make sure it is working fine and there is no hardware failure. Click here for assistance. 

Try this HP guided troubleshooter to resolve any wireless related issues. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
En4
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello  Chimney_83,

Thanks for replying. Very sorry for not getting abck to you on your suggestions. Have been trying to get back online and stay online long enough to troubleshoot and go through the HP guided troubleshooter these past 2 days. 

Finally, gave up and rolled back to the last stable update. Yay! Happiness...short-lived. After a day of wonderfully fast speed internet connection. It slowed down dramatically to an download of 0.27 mps and an upload of 0.18 mps. Even my grannie walks faster than this!

On top of that, the wi-fi connection keeps dropping, my other pieces of kit are also connected to the same wi-fi network and they are working execellently, and the programme keeps asking for the password and keeps saying that the password is wrong (stumped here!). Plus other messages like Windows Troubleshooter cannot find the IP address of the router, etc. *facepalm*

Called the phone company and they checked and said that the fibre network is working fine and they have no issues on their end. So, I'm clueless and abosolutely dumbfounded.

Waiting for further feedback/help.

Thanks

En

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you try the procedure mentioned below. 

1. Open CMD with Administrator

2. Type : sc config storsvc type= own 

( this resets this service to its default state)

3. Restart your computer. 

If the issue persists, please reseat the wireless card on your computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
En4
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Chimney_83,

Haven't tried your version. But I deleted the realtek programme and installed the 2016 version and after a while it works fine.

Thank you though. I will keep this solution if I need it in the future

Thank you

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation