lakersbk2bk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wi fi connectivity issue after Windows 10 update

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I updated to windows 10 can no longer access wireless connectivity.  I can also no longer access the HP assistant

1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,610
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @lakersbk2bk - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! I'd be glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that you are losing the Wi-Fi capability after the Windows 10 updates. Appreciate your efforts in checking the drivers. I will definitely try and help you fix the issue 🙂

First, open the command prompt as an administrator. Simply search for "Command prompt" and when the search results display the command prompt, right-click and choose "Run as administrator".

Once the command prompt opens, copy this command and press enter:

sc config storsvc type= own  

Restart the PC and check.

If the issue persists, try updating the network drivers as explained below:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
  2. In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
  3. Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.
  4. After installing the updated driver, select the Start button> Power > Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

5. If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how that goes! I’ll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation