Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop Tower 251-a224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Earlier today, the WiFi adpated in my Desktop Tower lost network connectivity.  The Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn adapter no longer appears in the Device Manager unless I select "Show Hidden Devices" in the View drop-down menu.  The device status shows:  "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)."

I haven't made any hardware configuration changes since I first unboxed the tower.  

Is there an easy fix that doesn't involve shipping my computer out for service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update:  It seems the thing just needed a swift kick in the butt.   Had already tried restarting the computer with no luck, but this time tried shutting completely down, disconnecting power, and letting it sit for a while.  When I powered back up, lo and behold the WiFi adapter was back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi.
Welcome to the forum GrantKMiles.

Download and install the network drivers.

Software and Driver Downloads

Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download and install the following driver:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151589_1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Update:  It seems the thing just needed a swift kick in the butt.   Had already tried restarting the computer with no luck, but this time tried shutting completely down, disconnecting power, and letting it sit for a while.  When I powered back up, lo and behold the WiFi adapter was back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.