Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Omni 220-1080dq, need replacement for WiFi adapter HP part number 640823-001 no longer available at HP what are alternative boards that will work with my AIO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Any supported wifi card you will need to buy, you will only be able to find on eBay.

Are there one or two antennas connected to the Ralink card?

If there are two antenna wires connected to the card, you can upgrade it to this model...it has bluetooth.

615939-001 | eBay

Or you can replace it with the same one...

640823-001 | eBay

If there are two antenna wires connected to the Ralink card and you want to experiment with an even better card than either of the above, you can try this one...I cannot guarantee that it will work.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

710661-001 | eBay

The first two cards are listed in your PC's parts list.  I would not suggest that you buy the 638403-001 part number RT5390).

HP PartSurfer

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Any supported wifi card you will need to buy, you will only be able to find on eBay.

Are there one or two antennas connected to the Ralink card?

If there are two antenna wires connected to the card, you can upgrade it to this model...it has bluetooth.

615939-001 | eBay

Or you can replace it with the same one...

640823-001 | eBay

If there are two antenna wires connected to the Ralink card and you want to experiment with an even better card than either of the above, you can try this one...I cannot guarantee that it will work.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

710661-001 | eBay

The first two cards are listed in your PC's parts list.  I would not suggest that you buy the 638403-001 part number RT5390).

HP PartSurfer

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. The HP Omni 220-1080QD has two antennas.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I wish I had a spare Intel 7260 I could send you. 

I think It has a good chance of working, and would be far better than any of the cards listed in the parts list.

But that is up to you if you want to experiment.

Otherwise, go with one of the cards listed in the parts list.

HP Recommended

Additionally m when I install the 615939-001, will I need new drivers. If I need new drivers where do I download them? Thank you in advance for you help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What operating system do you need the drivers for the Broadcom wifi/bluetooth card?

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 10 64 bit

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no W10 drivers for any of the supported wifi cards listed in your PC's parts list.

Did your Ralink wifi card just up and disappear from the device manager one day on a newer build of W10?

If so, that happens all the time.  It is not that the wifi card is bad.  It is just that it is not supported in W10.

I am not sure what will happen with the Broadcom card.

You will just have to hope that W10 installs some default wifi and bluetooth drivers for it.

The Intel 7260 AC wifi card does have driver support on W10.

HP Recommended

You are very helpful, yes, the WiFi stopped, I am running Windows 10. I am hesitant to buy the 7260 only to find out it will not work. If you are pretty sure it will, no guarantee, I may give it a try and if it does not work try to return it.

Is there a USB WiFi card that you could recommend that will work with my system:

HP Omni 220-1080DQ with Windows 10.

Thank you,

Ted

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ted.

I'm pretty sure the Intel 7260 will work.  The ones that are coming from China are new and pretty cheap.

That's where I got mine from that I used on a HP 350 G1 notebook.  It took about 2 weeks to get to me.

Any USB wifi adapter should work that has driver support for W10.

Here is a really neat one that has dual band AC wifi + Bluetooth.

Amazon.com: USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5Ghz Wireless Network External Receive...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.