Did you mean: 
Nutmom
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WiFi adapter won’t work on desktop

HP Recommended
All in One Desktop computer

My computer is not longer able to connect to the internet. All my troubleshooting tells me that there is something wrong with the Realtek WiFi adapter but nothing I try works to fix it. Seems I need to be connected to the internet to fix my internet connection. Ugh. Help

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 8
1,934 1,921 74 206
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nutmom -- is the adapter inside the computer, or is it connected to an external USB socket?

If it is external, remove it, and try connecting it to a different computer, such as owned by a friend/relative/colleague, to prove that it works.

If it is internal, maybe purchase a different WiFi adapter that does connect to a USB socket on your computer, and connect via that adapter.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation