Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey people of the community. I have an HP 550-153w and I went ahead and replaced my case today for a new one because I wanted to put a guy in it and it won’t fit so I replaced the case I have everything done but I ran into one issue that I wasn’t aware of. There is a WiFi card connected to the motherboard and it has a ground cable connected to the case but I can find how to remove it. Is it ok if the WiFi card runs without the ground or how can I remove the ground cable. The part number is HP 752597-001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you plan on using the ethernet cable to connect to the internet, you don't need the wifi card.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm pretty sure what you think is a ground cable is actually the wifi antenna.

You should move the entire antenna assembly to the new case if you want the internal wifi card to work.

Otherwise, remove the antenna cable from the wifi card, remove the wifi card and purchase an external USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

Oh I didn’t know that I will try to remove the whole assembly thanks for telling me. One more thing do you think the pc will run fine soothe WiFi card and just using Ethernet. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you plan on using the ethernet cable to connect to the internet, you don't need the wifi card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.