Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Slimline Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This evening I discovered that WiFi connection has disappeared from my computer. There is no WiFi option/symbol in Network & Internet Settings or in Network Connections.

When I checked the Device Manager the WiFi Network Adapter Driver was greyed out, I uninstalled and re-installed using the driver downloaded from the HP website. However this driver is not installing: the installation process appears to work properly, with no error messages, but on restarting the PC and checking the Device Manager the driver has not been installed. So now I have no WiFI network adapter driver on my PC.

Can anyone help me at least install the driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Having just ran out and bought an Ethernet cable, I turn on my PC today and... the WiFi is back! LOL. Typical.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TomD1962 , welcome to the Community.

It sounds like your wifi adapter may have failed.  This would definitely cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. What do I do now?

HP Recommended

Having just ran out and bought an Ethernet cable, I turn on my PC today and... the WiFi is back! LOL. Typical.

HP Recommended

Is is a Pc or laptop?  Some laptops have a switch or key combination that disables the wifi. You can check in the bios setup that it is enabled also.  

HP Recommended

@TomD1962 

These things happen all of the time in the computer world.  Some little glitch happens and things go badly.  Glad you solved your problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.