Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe adapter in HP Envy 795 Desktop - 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe adapter is showing slow speed. 

Tried all suggestion on the discussion thread, including Windows / driver updates,  reboot and talking to the ISP to reset and reboot the modems.

Other devices show normal speed but this HP (1 month new) is slow with downloading the contents.

Any update in the future would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Are the other devices showing faster download speed in the same location as the new HP 795 Desktop?

Location is a big factor when using WIFI. You could have a dead spot in your home.

Try the 795 in a different location closer to the router or try a faster device in close proximity to the 795 location to compare throughput.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. It is not the location of the desktop.

I tried with iPad, Mobile phone, etc. at the same location, and they are all faster than this brand new HP.

In fact, it sits where a 10-year old desktop used to be that ran 120+mbps most of time

but its power supply and graphics cards failed and was replaced.

HP Recommended

Wi-Fi Status.jpgSpeed Test.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Okay, you are not getting good speeds up or down.

Have you checked you PC's HP Support site for an updated driver? I don't know your specific product number because you have only provided Envy 795. The complete product number would be 795-nnnnaa ( for example, 795-0509ng).

You could check to verify the antenna is secured to the WIFI card.

Or contact HP Support (Link) because you have a new PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

Model  795-0087c from Costco.

I did update all windows OS and other drivers per recommendations on the HP Support Assistance and tried turning bluetooth off.

I think I followed the instructions reasonably well to check possible culprits without success 😞

Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

By the way, the Driver is 2024.0.10.103 up to date.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the product number.

2024.0.10.103 could be from Windows Update. 2024.0.8.104 Rev.S (Link) is the latest HP driver. This HP WIFI driver is located with other HP provided drivers at this site (Link).

You could try the HP driver. 

Also check the wireless antenna connection to the WIFI card. A loose antenna will cause this problem.

Contact HP, link in previous post, if all else fails.

I don't know what else could be causing this issue. Other WIFI devices in your home are working correctly.

Is the router you are using capable of 5.0 GHz connections. Try 5.0 GHz with the WIFI adapter to see if this improves throughput. You should get an option to connect to 5.0 GHz or 2.4 GHz if both devices (router/WIFI card) support 5.0 GHz. The WIFI card is capable of using 5.0 GHz.

Regards

HP Recommended

I will try the different driver. By the way, how to set 5GHz vs 2.4GHz. The xfinity router supports both modes.

HP Recommended

How do I locate the wi-fi antenna inside the desktop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.