Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuiS28
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WiFi issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab220nt (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

The problem is when i use the internet for the first 5 minute it's too speed around 45mb downloading and 4mb uploading after 5 minute less or more, speed going down to be 0.1kb downloading and fail with uploading also normall browsing being impossible to use, at the same time three laptops around me connected to the same router and working perfectly with 50mb download and 4mb upload, so i tried to fix the driver reinstall it and the same problem, and i tried to reinstall Windows with latest version and installed drivers with hp support assist and the same problem
anyone can help please ?First 5 minuteFirst 5 minuteAfter 5 minuteAfter 5 minute

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,827 120,004 19,636 29,999
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is only one antenna connected to the wifi card in your notebook.

It could be possible that the wifi antenna is connected to the auxiliary terminal on the wifi card instead of the main terminal.

This has been known to happen from time to time.

That could be causing the issues you are having.

Unfortunately, it is pretty difficult to get to where the wifi card is located.

But checking to see that the antenna is connected to terminal 1 (Main) instead of terminal 2 (Aux), would be the only suggestion I can offer.

Here is the link to the service manual.  The wifi card R & R procedures can be found in chapter

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation