Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy H8-1534 pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all I’m at my wits end with my pc. It’s been a dang good machine up until about a week ago now. My WiFi keeps getting disconnected and what’s worse is that the WiFi setting in the “settings” tab is completely gone...I had to recover my pc and wipe everything and it worked fine until I started downloading my Video games from Steam. Then it’s completely disappeared again. Please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ezra_Salinas89,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I understand that you need assistance with the wireless connection dropping randomly on your notebook. I’ll be glad to assist you with this.

We need to isolate it to being hardware or software related first.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this first begin?
  • Did it happen after a software or windows update?
  • Have you tried to run any test on the wireless card from F2?

Please try these steps first.   

1. Open CMD with Administrator

2. Type:  sc config storsvc type= own 

( this resets this service to its default state )

3. Restart the PC.

4. Check if this fixes it.

I recommend you try to follow the below steps:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If it does not, please visit this link for further support: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If not check this link out: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to uninstall the wireless drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers.

Then restart the computer and check if you are able to go online.

Finally, please update the bios, chipset and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.