cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daewoo1
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi/Bluetooth capabilities completely disappeared.

HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-e0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Windows has updated on my desktop today. Before this, there were no issues on the desktop, afterwards the Wifi/Bluetooth capabilities/drivers disappeared entirely.

Have reset the desktop back to a previous point (2-3 days ago/before the update), and this didn't affect the statue of the drivers. Tried using the HP "HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet", ran through all the options on there to no avail.

Can't troubleshoot for either, as it doesn't acknowledge that the desktop even has Bluetooth capabilities (in spite of a Bluetooth keyboard...?), and the existance of an Ethernet connection leads it to troubleshoot that, and not the lack of Wifi with the only suggestion to plug in a cable.

1 REPLY 1
JDCapps
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Following this thread.

Exact same thing happened on my 70 year old father's Pavilion 20 All-in-One. Suddenly today, the computer does not recognized the internal wireless adapter at all, nor will it recognize a plug-in wireless antenna.

Temporarily relocated his machine to the kitchen so that he can access the internet, but that's not going to work as a permanent solution.

I too have tried the HP Support Assistant, Windows Troubleshooter, to no avail.

I also attempted to download a wireless adapter driver from the HP website, only to find the answer that it has to be downloaded using Windows Update. How can Windows Update download a new driver when it doesn't recognize the existence of the adapter?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation