Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have seen alot of threads regarding this issue but I cannot seem to find anything that works to solve the issue for myself.

I turned my computer on and the Wifi option was gone, i've tried going into device manager and the wifi is nowhere to be found. I removed the latest updates from Windows to see if that would work. It didn't.  I've updated the ethernet driver and it says it has the latest driver. I have tried to reset the network settings it didn't work. I have even reset the entire computer to factory settings and nothing works. I do not have the option to connect my computer with an ethernet cable as the router is one floor down. 

The wifi is working as my other devices are connected. I even reset the wifi router to see if it was just a connectivity issue but alas nothing that helped with the desktop.

Please sort this now - i have been at it for two days looking at forums, youtube videos and reset all settings on the computer. 

/SBiesheuvel

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are some ways to help, but the model number of the AIO is needed, as there are many, many models and options.  Assuming the WiFi worked at one time?  It could be a hardware failure, as they are just a plugin card on an AIO, or the card became disconnected for some reason.  Checking that would mean opening the case and finding the card, however.

Another way, would be to try a USB WiFi adapter.  They are usually not too expensive

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! The model no is: 20-c403na.

Wifi did work - the computer decided it didn't like wifi when i turned it on two days ago. I do not know how it would have been disconnected? Is that a common problem with a computer standing still?

I understand that a USB wifi adapter would work, but it shouldn't be necessary with a less than 2 month old computer.

Thanks again for replying - is there anything particular I can try now that you know the model?

/SB

HP Recommended

I would not think a AIO would have a problem with the card coming dislodged when it has not been moved or bumped, however one never knows about a loose connection.  Also for a two month old item, it should be covered under warranty, however, the repair might require it to be sent in.

The Software and drivers section only shows the drivers that Support Assistant should have already suggested but here they are, just in case.

Either one or both, Realtec wireless devices

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-20-c400-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/19390998/mo...

There is a Intel device listed, also

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-20-c400-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/1...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.