Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m having problems with my hp pc I tried to turn on the wireless internet but I can’t seem to find it anymore and how I can activate it because I don’t wanna be connecting either net cable every time I move to a new apartment 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The maintenance and service guide for 8200 convertible shows Wi-Fi part 538048-001 on page 21

Please confirm you have a PCIe card with two antennas sticking out the back of your PC.

The driver download page for your system list a Jan 16, 2015 driver for the Ralink 802.11n which is an old card (win7 win8)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70418.exe

Before installing or downloading anything please bring up the device manager and look for your wlan or wi-fi card and see if you can find the manufacturer and spot any errors.  If Ralink shows up and errors are indicated then try the above driver

For example, my "killer wifi" is a Qualcomm Atheros and driver version and date are shown.

BeemerBiker_0-1660670057751.png

Some 8200 are custom and you might have a different WiFi card than that listed by that manual.

If you have that old Ralink you might want to consider replacing it with a newer WiFI that supports 5ghz band and also does bluetooth.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.