Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0030ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I just bought a new Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0030ng with Realtek RTL8821CE 802.1ac PCIe Adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot see any wifi networks. so I cannot connect to wifi at all.

I already tried everything HP virtual assistant recommended, including restarting PC after deleting device in device manager (including removal of drivers), installing the latest driver I found here in the community. 

Current driver is 2024.0.10.209 from 04.12.2019 (from sp100552 which Paul-Tikannen recommended), no driver problem is shown in device manager

Other stuff I tried:

* using an alternative USB WLAN Adapter, everything works, so it is not, that wifi is not working in my home at all.

* Connection via bluetooth was already not working; with an alternative usb bluetooth adapter connection via bluetooth is working fine.

Does anybody have more hints on how to solve this issue? 

I just read, that there are lots of problems with the RTL8821CE. 

Best regards

iodocus

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@iodocus

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's uninstall network adapter:

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.
  3. Expand the Network adapters branch.
  4. Right-click the adapter with the problem and select the Uninstall device button. 
  5. Click the Uninstall button. 
  6. Restart your computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.