4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Wireless Adapter -Vanished!

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-054
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My PC originally came pre-installed with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows10 some time ago.

Recently, I noticed that my PC no longer had a wireless connection. I cannot connect to the internet at all. When I looked for the driver in Device Manager - it does not even exist! I do not even remember an update preceding the problem. One day it worked, and the next day it was gone.

I have tried a safe restore and that does not work.

Everyone is telling me to use Windows Update, which is not possible because I cannot connect to the internet. Can someone please tell me where I can find the driver so I can use that computer again??

7 REPLIES 7
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,484 90,361 11,617 24,909
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mjbosko

Definitely Windows updates caused this and because your machine was release in May 2013 therfore no drivers for Windows 10

HP PCs manufactured before August of 2013 might not have a complete set of hardware and/or drivers required to use all of the features in Windows 10.
  • HP is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for these PC products.
  • If you choose to use Windows 10 some features, applications, and connected devices might not work as expected.
  • If you still wish to proceed with using Windows 10 on an untested system, please visit the Windows support site for information and support.
  • Already running Windows 10 on an untested device? To find available drivers for these products, see Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

Please try

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

or option

https://www.lifewire.com/top-wi-fi-usb-adapters-2377825

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
mjbosko
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply! 

Is an alternative step also to factory restore the PC?

0 Kudos
mjbosko
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried that .exe file you suggested, and though it unpacks onto the computer, when the setup initializes, nothing else happens. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mjbosko wrote:

... Is an alternative step also to factory restore the PC?

Hi,

No, no need to Factory redtore ths PC.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
mjbosko
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So if that .exe file isn't working, just use one of those USB adapters you suggested?
0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mjbosko

Yes, because it is a desktop, you can also use PCIe wireless card too.

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If it was there and now isnt, then maybe it is hidden. 

If we can ID the Make and Model and Adapter then perhaps we can move forward.

Hidden Devices.png

So if it is hidden then maybe it could be forced to install. 

But maybe, like banhien suggests it could be a dead duck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation