Bravo2One
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wireless Card not showing

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2071uk Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop suddenly stopped connecting to WIFI, and now only connects to internet when i plug network cable in.

No wifi showing at all

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bravo2One

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Did you check if any other device is able to connect to the same wireless network?

Have you performed a hard reset to resolve any excessive static that could be causing this issue?

If not, here's what we need to start with:

Power cycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR THE STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation