8 4 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Wireless Card

HP Recommended
Hp P6754y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Day

I have a desktop Hp P6754y and need to replace/upgrade the internal wireless card.  My motherboard is N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX9(Alvorix) and the Processer is AMD Athion ll X4 640.  The present card is a 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n PCI-E Mini.  The Hp pin is 588551-001.  I have been in touch with Intel and AMD and both say I have to contact Hp to find what card works with my platform.  I seriously thought Intel could cross reference a compatible card or AMD would know being that it's their system.  Therefore does anyone have a clue of what will work?  I would prefer to stay with an internal card.  Thank you in advance, Vick. 

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,047 119,225 19,463 29,745
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

It depends on if your PC has a BIOS whitelist or not, and I don't think it does.

I say that because this person installed a different wlan card in their PC, which was slightly newer than yours.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgrading-HP-Pavilion-Slimline-S5780T-...

But it also looks like your PC only has one antenna connected to the current Ralink wireless card in there now.

Is that correct?

If so, then there really isn't a better internal card you can upgrade to, that would work with only one antenna.

If it has two antennas...On notebook PC's Intel cards will not work on platforms with amd hardware, so I suggested this alternative for this other forum member.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-P7-1417-Replacement-for-Ralin...

0 Kudos
vick2
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, not being a computer expert I don't fully understand what your saying.  Am I corect then I have to stay with what I have?  Thanks again Vick

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You will have to stay where you are at, only if your PC has one antenna connected to the wireless card, and the only way you are going to know that, would be to open it up and take a look inside.

If it has two antennas connected to the wireless card, then you should be able to replace it with a Broadcom dual band wireless card...dual band N or AC.

0 Kudos
vick2
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You Paul,  I will do as you say.  I really apreciated the help.  Nice to know that peoplew are still out there willing to help.  Sincere regards Vick.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime, Vick.

Glad to have been of assistance.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation