Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Wireless mouse HP Z3700
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Brand new mouse, keeps freezing when moving. When selecting a text, for example, it stops selecting at some point.

Working in a mouse pad, receiver is not close to usb pen drives. What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @inescastelhano, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand the wireless mouse is freezing while moving.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to the mouse or settings?

Have you tried changing the batteries on the wireless mouse?

Reseat the wireless receiver or try another USB port. It is recommended that the USB receiver is placed away from USB 3.0 flash drive and USB 3.0 external hard drives.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless mouse issues.

If the issue still persists try checking the wireless mouse with a different PC and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists trying the mouse on a different PC, it is a hardware issue please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. Answering your questions: 

Did you make any changes to the mouse or settings? No, I just plugged the usb receiver into the usb and it was ok. 

Have you tried changing the batteries on the wireless mouse? No, but batteries are brand new.

Try another USB port. Already done, no change.

It is recommended that the USB receiver is placed away from USB 3.0 flash drive and USB 3.0 external hard drives. USB receiver is placed away from any 3.0 USB drives (moreover, no usb drives are plugged in). 

Further information: the first day I used the mouse it was fine, only the day after it started freezing. Yesterday I disabled the option ''allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in all usb ports and it was working better (less freeze) but the day after the freezing was back.

It's a little bit frustrating that the mouse is brand new and it doesn't work properly.

Cheers,

Inês

HP Recommended

@inescastelhano, It was a quick response from you. I was indeed waiting for your response.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Did you try connecting the mouse to a different PC? Does the issue persist?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Search for Device Manager and select the first result. Browse down to Mice and other pointing devices, select, then right-click your mouse input and select Properties. Select the Driver tab, then Update Driver.

If you have already downloaded the correct driver, you should Browse my computer for driver software. Use the Browse option on the next page to locate the driver, then press Next. The driver should now install. Reboot your system.

If you haven’t downloaded a driver directly from the manufacturer, select Search automatically for updated driver software. Windows will now automatically scan your computer and the Internet for any driver updates, and install accordingly.

A common issue relates to the Realtek HD audio manager, and it is one we have seen interfering with other drivers, too. Right-click the Taskbar, select Task Manager, and head to the Start-up tab. If you see Realtek HD Audio Manger, right-click and select Disable. Now reboot your system.

First, simply try turning Mouse Acceleration on and off in your system settings. Head to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Mouse. Select the Pointer Options tab. Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision box to turn acceleration off. Select Apply and OK. Check how your mouse now responds.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It didn't work and the freezing is getting worse.

HP Recommended

@inescastelhano

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

It looks like you've pretty much done it all,

You seem to be missing out on one enormous step though, the agent has tried asking that several times,

"Did you or did you not check with an alternate PC or an alternate mouse to check if that works?"

If the other mouse doesn't work either, Contact the manufacturer of the PC as this is an issue with the USB port,

If the other device works or if this mouse doesn't work on the other product either, simply Contact HP and they'll replace the mouse for you,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried on another PC and it didn't work either. Also, I tried other mouses in my PC and they did work. Thus, I contacted HP Portugal to help me on that, they will send me a new mouse. Thank you anyway.

Cheers, 

Inês 

HP Recommended

@inescastelhano

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.