Level 2
23 12 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Wireless Network Adapters Gone?

HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
A few months ago I knocked my desktop on its side, and in doing so messed up the hard drive arm. After mutiple failed attemts at correcting the arm, I gave up and took a hard drive out of my Dell laptop which is about 10-13 years old. The computer is now running Windows 7 32 bit on an HP desktop, however I cannot find the wireless adapters. They existed on the desktop’s previous hard drive, and on the hard drive I have in there now before I placed it in the desktop. But now they seem to have disappeared and I cannot seem to figure out how to get them back. Any ideas?

Also, I don’t own an ethernet cable so I cannot download drivers directly to the PC.
3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ethan7988

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you want help finding and installing the wireless adapters for your PC,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the Official website for HP's software and download?

(Click here, If you haven't)

While you respond to that, I recommend you install the driver from the HP website, however, if the driver is not being installed or the wireless adapter is not showing up in the device manager, this could be a hardware failure, to confirm/verify I recommend you follow the below steps:

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ethan7988
Author
Level 2
23 12 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, unfortunately none of your solutions worked. However, I was able to fix the problem by installing drivers for some other network device in device manager. Now  I can connect to wifi networks.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ethan7988

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

That said, one of the first steps I had included was to install the drivers for the network device, anyway, I'm glad found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation