Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-204nl
Other

Dear HP community.
I am writing to you because i've problem from a week to now: therefore I have a Pavilion 550-204nl purchased in September 2016 from Trony Italian Group and so far it has not given me any problems, except for the fact that the wireless network (RTL8188EE) is no longer recognized or sometimes it is recognized but functioning really bad, it is not a driver problem because I have checked over and over again but without success (I am of the trade and I know what I do) most likely it is the card of WIFI network. So I kindly ask and if possible get a list of compatible wifi minicards without having whitelist or blacklist problems in the bios/uefi, as has happened to me in the past with a notebook of this brand (model 6730s). Best regards and best wishes for a happy holidays

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC should not have a BIOS whitelist.

HP pretty much did away with those in 2013, and your PC was released to market in 2015.

How many antenna cables are connected to the Realtek wifi card in there now?

If there is only one, your choices are extremely limited.

The part number for the card shows that it is of the HMC form factor.

Let me know that info, and I will give you some options.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for reply, it have only one cable plugged on card, that's like photo IMG_5719.JPG

HP Recommended

i'm looking for an Atheros AR5B195 to replace the RTL8188EE

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are the wifi card I recommend for your situation...

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter    HP part # 753077-001

You may as well upgrade to Bluetooth.

You should be able to find the card on Amazon or eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi adapter.

If you are running W10 on the PC, the Atheros card you want will have lousy driver support.

I think the last driver for that card is from 2015.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.