cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Firthy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Wireless card for hp pavilion slimline s3621uk

HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s3621uk

Hi

Is it possible to replace the wireless card and if so which part number is required? 

Thanks

Firthy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
49,286 11,829 4,785 13,000
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.

You will need a PCI Express wifi adapter that is low profile. See what is available at NewEgg.com.

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100173373%206000142...

Make certain that it supports your operating system. I would have helped you with that, but you have not provided that information in your thread.

What is the installed operating system?

What is the type of wifi router or modem that you will be connecting to? Provide the brand and model and I can look it up.

Is it 802.11 g,n or ac?

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
49,286 11,829 4,785 13,000
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.

You will need a PCI Express wifi adapter that is low profile. See what is available at NewEgg.com.

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100173373%206000142...

Make certain that it supports your operating system. I would have helped you with that, but you have not provided that information in your thread.

What is the installed operating system?

What is the type of wifi router or modem that you will be connecting to? Provide the brand and model and I can look it up.

Is it 802.11 g,n or ac?

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!
Firthy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. The question was on behalf of a friend who is not very computer literate and gave me very little info. However I should be ok now as you have pointed me in the right direction to resolve this

Thanks

Firthy

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation