LeeWard
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wireless card replacement.

HP Recommended
HP Slimline s5360f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to replace the wireless card, an unknown Atheros that is suppose to be dual band up to "N", but only has one wire running to the antenna.

I recently purchased a used Asus RT-N66U router that is a "N900" dual band 3X3 MIMO and would like a comparable wireless network card for my HP s5360f.  The wireless in the router is Broadcom BCM4331.

The PCI Express mini slot is where the Atheros card is now and it appears the only option for a network card replacement based on the tight quarters in the case.  HP's motherboard and details https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01925562

Questions.  What network card should I be looking for and should I match the wireless in the PC to wireless in the router by using Broadcom?  Will an AC 3X3 card work on the s5360f motherboard?

Where do I find a 3X3 antenna for whatever network card that is recommended?

Thank you, for any and all replies.

1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,077
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @LeeWard, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are looking for replacement wireless card for your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I have checked the records and I don't find any wireless cards upgrades for your PC.

However, please find the part number listed below for the replacement wireless card and antennas for your PC.

575857-001    802.11 a/b/g/n PCIe wireless half-length mini card (peewee)

504993-001    Planar Inverted-F (type) antenna (PIFA) - For 802.11A/B/G/N WLAN card

You can purchase the part from HP parts store using this link.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation