Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I moved my desktop to decorate and when I’ve plugged it back in it won’t connect to the internet and it wants me to plug in an Ethernet cable to connect when it’s always connected wirelessly before. It’s as if the pc has forgotten its wireless and I can’t find it anywhere!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KAz154, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what is the exact model of the HP PC you are using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Are you able to connect any other device wirelessly to the network?

Run Network troubleshooter

• Use the Network troubleshooter. Select Start  > Settings  > Network & Internet > Status. Under Change your network settings, select Network troubleshooter.  
  • Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Select Start  > Settings  > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi. Next, select Show available networks, and if a network you expect to see appears in the list, select it, then select Connect.
  • See if you can use the Wi-Fi to get to websites from a different device. If you can’t, restart your modem, router, and device, and re-connect to the Wi-Fi.

Check and make sure the Airplane mode is OFF

1. Press Windows key on the keyboard
  2. Click on Settings window
  3. Go to Network icon 
  4. Choose Network & Internet category.
  5. Look for  Airplane mode on the left column.
  6. Turn it Off. Try connecting the PC to the wireless network, if the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.