cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kodiak1sg
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Wireless mouse does not work. Changed batteries, turned PC Off and On, reset button, receiver is lit

HP Recommended
HP omni 120-1050

Mouse not working. Have changed batteries, cleaned bottom, turned PC On and Off, reset button on bottom of mouse and the receiver flashes blue light. 

What at else can I try?  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kodiak1sg,

Welcome to the Hp support forums. I have read the post and will be more than happy to assist you here. Brilliant troubleshooting and terrific diagnosis of the issue.Kudos to you for that.

• Is it an HP wireless mouse?
  • If so what are the model# and product# of the mouse?
  • Have you tried connecting it to a different computer and checked again?

Please furnish these details to assist you correctly.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kodiak1sg
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it is a HP mouse.

Model # MG-0982

No, we have not tried it on another computer. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,928 20,915 1,272 1,297
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kodiak1sg

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I suggest you try it on another computer to confirm if it's an issue with the Mouse or the computer.

If the mouse does not work on other computers, please follow the instructions in the private message I sent

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kodiak1sg
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The mouse did not work on another computer.

I do not have a little blue envelope in the upper right hand part of my screen; so I did not receive your private message. 

Mouse is Model No: MG-0982. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,928 20,915 1,272 1,297
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kodiak1sg

I have sent you the private message again 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kodiak1sg
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Following your advice I tried the mouse on another PC and it did not work.  So I ordered another from HP with a receiver and we now have a working mouse.  However, I had to leave the old reciever plugged in as our new receiver will not pair to the old keyboard.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kodiak1sg,

Thank you for your efforts and patience and I am glad that replacing it did the trick for you. This is music to my ears. Your terrific commitment and excellent temperament are greatly appreciated.  As @KrazyToad is out for the day, I am replying to you.

As I had suggested that you try the mouse on a different computer to isolate the issue to it being a hardware failure and the replacement worked, I am really happy for you.

If this helps, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation