Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVy 23-k400nd All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using this PC since 2015 and always with windows 10 on it. No problems at all.

Suddenly, starting about a month ago I am getting internet drop outs. At first I thought  my router was the prblem but all other devies in the house were fine. Then I noticed the problem is with my PC only. I get the yellow exclamation mark and if you click on it no wireless networks can be found. The only way to get it restarted is restarting my PC or go into airplane mode and back. Then it works for a couple of hours and then the story repeats itself.

I contacted my vendor and he thinks it has to do with an upgrade from Windows 10. He adviced me to download the latest drivers but this did not help.

Does somebody recognize this? By the way, if you look in the systems log I can find eror messages like the limit of connections has reached or something.

Energy saving on minimum. etc..... tried everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @risrael

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Now, to answer your question, yes the solution was given for the last update for the machines which sported this issue. But please remember that not all the machines had this issue after the update. Only very few machine with specific OS environment had this issue. That is the reason your PC did not had any issues up until the latest updates. Hope that answers your question.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @ risrael - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! I'd be glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that you are losing the Wi-Fi capability after the Windows 10 updates. Appreciate your efforts in checking the drivers. I will definitely try and help you fix the issue 🙂

First, open the command prompt as an administrator. Simply search for "Command prompt" and when the search results display the command prompt, right-click and choose "Run as administrator".

Once the command prompt opens, copy this command and press enter:

sc config storsvc type= own  

Restart the PC and check.

If the issue persists, open the command prompt again as mentioned above and copy the following commands, and press "enter" after each one:

1. netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
  2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
  3. netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
  4. netsh int tcp show global  (To Check if All settings have taken effect - Make sure all settings are disabled except Receive-Side Scaling State.)

Reboot the system and see if it works.

Let me know if that works!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Until now it looks like your first suggestion did the trick.

Many thanks! I tried everything.

The only thing I do not understand is:
This is a solution suggested after a certain Windows 10 update back in 2015. My problems only started a month ago. How is this possible?

HP Recommended

Hello, @risrael

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Now, to answer your question, yes the solution was given for the last update for the machines which sported this issue. But please remember that not all the machines had this issue after the update. Only very few machine with specific OS environment had this issue. That is the reason your PC did not had any issues up until the latest updates. Hope that answers your question.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I hate to disappoint you.

After 2 hours same problem returned. Same thing. Yellow exclamation mark and no network found. I suspect it is a hardware fault in the network adapter.

In the mean time I purchased a Devolo USB wifi adapter which functions ok.

HP Recommended

Hi @risrael,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand after couple of hours the issue persists, I would personally suggest this could be a driver issue. Let's try to Uninstall the drivers from Device manager and then install the drivers from our HP support website.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to check for updates, using this link.

In the meantime, let's try to run the test on the Wireless card from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.