Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Won't connect to internet

HP Recommended
Example: HP 8100 Desktop Computer Intel i5 3.2GHz Processor 8GB Memory 1TB HDD
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My desktop will not connect to the internet. Xfinity tech came out, did diagnostics, and got this error message.

The Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I purchased the computer less than a year ago. My grand daughters do most homework on the computer so this is urgent. Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,942 2,570
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gvf513,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

While I wait for the answers, I recommend you perform a hardware test on the wireless card following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Gvf513
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your response. The computer was working fine 2 weeks ago. Then it began losing internet connection. Comcast had me type in ipconfig??? and that worked for a couple days then lost internet again. I have not downloaded any new hardware or software. It is 3:40 am, but in the morning I will try the tests that you recommended here and then reply. Just wanted to acknowledge your answer.
0 Kudos
Gvf513
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Good Morning. I have run the Fast test and all passed. In process of running Extensivebtest. Will report results. In the meantime I used my laptop to look up drivers. There are 2 stickers on my computer. 1 says it is a HP 8100 Elite SFF Refurbished. The other says HP 8200 Compaq. Thats what I get for buying refurbished. Anyway I could not find drivers for Windows 10 Pro for this computer. I hope you can still help me.
0 Kudos
Gvf513
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
On the Extended test results are: Long Drive Self Test =Canceled, Disk Read Verify=Passed, Video Extended Memory Check=Canceled, CPU Stress Test= Passed. I did not cancel anything so dont know what this means
0 Kudos
Gvf513
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am rerunning the Extensive test due to sleep mode being on.
0 Kudos
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 393
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gvf513

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Gvf513
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The Extensive test showed Passed on every test. What is the next step please?
0 Kudos
Gvf513
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Still receiving this message when running diagnostics

The Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.

Also my system says this is a HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF Desktop. Which is different from what I was told on purchase.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation