Bruma48
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Z5000 Mouse freeze

HP Recommended
Z5000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This kind of mouse sometimes stop on working. To make it  working again I found out a work-around solution: I insert a pen drive in any USB port, and if the mouse stop again, extract the pen drive, and so on...

Do you know a more efficient solution? Thanks :Crying:

11 REPLIES 11
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,941 20,928 1,272 1,297
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruma48

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

This is a pretty strange issue. 😁

Have you tried this mouse on any other computer? Do you have to go through the same work around with other computers?

Meantime please try replacing the battery in the mouse and also check the mouse on another computer.

Keep me posted

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruma48
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your support. This mouse is just purchased, a new one. The battery is new. I've not available, for the moment, an another PC to check, I will try the mouse with a Tablet.

Now this mouse is always connected to PC, also when it freezes.  The freeze frequency varies from few minutes to one hour, without any logic. The fact that it come back immediately when I insert or disinsert a pen drive seems due to something related to the O.S.- rather then due to the mouse. Strange problem I agree, but this is!

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruma48

The best way to identify the problem is to use the Mouse with another device and check how it behaves.

Keep me posted once you have checked it with your Tablet or another computer

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruma48
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, Krazy I'm agree. I'll test on the Tablet. I'll post here the results in a few days. In the meantime I replaced the battery with a new one.

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruma48

Keep me posted how it goes

Thanks 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruma48
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, I tested many times the mouse on a Tablet and it worked very well, all the times. Working on PC (windows 8.1) remains the problem. Could you give me an help, or I should contact the Microsoft community? Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruma48,

I read the quick response. Thanks for the update. It is awesome to have you back and your tremendous commitment and superb troubleshooting skills are amply appreciated. As @KrazyToad is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Run all Windows 8.1 updates and ensure that the latest Windows updates are correctly installed on the computer and it has the most current updates.

Then update the bios from http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.

Then create a new user account as an administrator from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

Log in to the new user account after restarting the computer. Now connect the mouse and check if it works correctly.

This should do the trick for you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruma48
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello guys, failure remains as before!

I've updated Win 8.1 with the last, no need of driver's update.

I've created a new local account, as per your instructions.

The mouse, also now, works very well, when it is.

Ther'is some event, inside the PC or into the interaction mouse-PC, that trigger the freeze.

Impossible for me to identify which is the event. As i've already mentioned, the event of inserting or switch off a pen drive into an USB port, restore the mouse activity immediately.

Anyway, many thanks for your support. I was an Hp electronic service engineer, in Italy, years 1970-80.

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruma48

To eliminate any possibilities of Software conflicts, I suggest you backup your computer and reinstall the OS

Then try it with the HP Mouse and check if that helps

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation