Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 20-b014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

original operating system is windows 8, free upgrade to windows 10.  Wi-fi randomly stopped working and as I tried to resolve the issue, I accidentally deleted the Realtek wi-fi adapter and can no longer connect to wi-fi. please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It sounds to me like the wireless card has failed on you because when you uninstall the driver, in the device manager, you end up with a new device category in the list (when you first open the device manager), called Other Devices.

Then under that section, there would be a device labeled as a Network Controller, and it would have a little !mark next to it.

If you don't see anything like that, I think the wireless card went out on you and you didn't cause the problem.

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB wireless network adapter so that you can connect wirelessly again.

Here is how to post a screen shot.  It isn't simple.  I just learned how to do that myself.  :generic:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Adding-Pictures-to-Your-Posts/m-p/2497265/highlight/tru...

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your AIO PC indicates that it comes with a Ralink RT5390 wifi adapter.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=H3Z01AA

Here is the link to the W10 driver for the Ralink wlan card.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek (Ralink) wireless LAN Controller in the supported  models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

HP Recommended

I downloaded it and restarted the computer.  Looked in Device Manager and it is not in the Network Adapters.  Still not working.  Any other suggestions.

HP Recommended

If you uninstalled the driver, there should be a device listed under an Other Devices category labeled as a Network Controller.

If you see a Network Controller device, please post the Hardware ID for the device.

To find the hardware ID, click on the Network Controller.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the network controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended
Well, unfortunately I spoke with Microsoft and they directed me to HP because they say it's a hardware issue with the manufacturer. I then contacted HP AND they said that they do not make an updated version of the driver compatible with my particular computer and Windows 10 so now I havery to restore it back to factory settings, Windows 7. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If not, I'll be back on here for further troubleshooting. Thank you.
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you don't see a network controller device, that could be a hardware issue.

There is a W10 driver for any wireless card that your PC has, so they (HP) are wrong.

HP Recommended
Well, I clearly cannot remember how to get it back to factory settings because I still have Windows 10, but it is 100% clean. However, it did not solve the issue! I have no idea where "other devices" are. Please continue to try to help! Practically everything in our house is wifi 😣 THANK YOU!

P.s. i was going to post a photo of what my device manager looks like, but apparently that is not possible.

The only thing under network adapters is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.
HP Recommended

Hi:

It sounds to me like the wireless card has failed on you because when you uninstall the driver, in the device manager, you end up with a new device category in the list (when you first open the device manager), called Other Devices.

Then under that section, there would be a device labeled as a Network Controller, and it would have a little !mark next to it.

If you don't see anything like that, I think the wireless card went out on you and you didn't cause the problem.

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB wireless network adapter so that you can connect wirelessly again.

Here is how to post a screen shot.  It isn't simple.  I just learned how to do that myself.  :generic:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Adding-Pictures-to-Your-Posts/m-p/2497265/highlight/tru...

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Capture1.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.